Tuesday

How Can I Survive A Bad Break-Up?

This past weekend, my ex-boyfreind, who I had been trying to get back with, told me has was dating another girl. Ouch! I created a flood in my room, sharp stomach pains disrupted my beauty sleep, and I awoke with bags around my eyes. That was Sunday. Today is Tuesday, a new day. There is no need to ruin your complexion over something so small because men will come and go, but your complexion will always be truly yours!

Poor emotional feeling may cause you to quit eating nutritious meals (ladies, after a break-up we run to the icecream), exercising (causing you to gain weight from that icecream), the immune system slows down, and some people may turn to alcohol abuse (alcohol causes weight gain).

Crying causes dark circles and bags. Walking into work with glossy eyes, dark circles, and bags arund your eyes does not look professional. Ask for a personal day off (just one, not the entire week!). On your day off go grocery shopping, clean your house, go running, and spend some time with family.

Symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress may include:

- Weight gain or loss
- Upset stomach
- Shortness of breath
- Sexual problems
- Palpitations (the feeling that your heart is racing)
- Lightheadedness
- Insomnia (trouble sleeping)
- Headaches
- Extreme tiredness
- Change in appetite

Here is a list of things that I have done to take my mind off of things...

1. Gym membership- I purchased a 24 Hour Fitness membership. I'm not the kind of gal that can hop on a treadmill and run all day. 24 Hour Fitness has yoga, kickboxing, swimming, dance, and many more types of classes. Each class being offered at a different time and day. For $29.99 a month, I have access to all 370 clubs. For $26.99 a month, you can can have access to your local club.

2. Date- Need I say more?

3. Take care of yourself- When we, women, are heart-broken we tend to quit caring of what our reflection may look like. Ladies, we love shopping. Finding the perfect lipstick shade or a sexy top for the weekend never fails to distract us from our minor issues. Get your eye brows waxed, get a mani and pedi, and a massage to help with relaxation. Wake up early, take a shower, and throw on something new!

4. Friends and Family- They're there for you. Ask a friend to join a local gym membership with you.

5. Clean House- I have teddy bears, pictures, flowers, and letters all over my bedroom that remind me of him. I threw them out. =)

6. Eat nutritional foods- Healthy foods make a healthy body. According to scientific research, those who follow the mediterranean diet are less likely to suffer depression. These recommended foods are rich with monounsaturated fats, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids.
The mediterranean diet consists of vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, olive oil, and fish. Tonight, I will be cooking...

Pasta with Walnuts and Arugula (Serves 4-6)

3/4 cup drained, chopped sun-dried tomato halves, packed in oil.2 T. olive oil6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced1/4 t. crushed red pepper12 cups trimmed arugula (about 8 oz. or 1/1/2 5-oz. bags)3 t. fresh lemon juice3/4-1 pound of whole wheat pasta (linguine, angel hair, penne)1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan1 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted

As pasta is boiling, place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl with 1/2 cup hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper and saute for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add arugula and lemon juice to the skillet and toss to coat.

Drain cooked pasta and reserve 1/4 cup hot pasta water. Add pasta to the skillet and toss with cheese, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and enough pasta water to melt the cheese. Serve with sprinkled walnuts and additional Parmesan.

The most important thing is confidence. Remember, you're beautiful. Don't get upset when things go downhill, just learn from it.